Who We Are
Sutton Transport operates over 400 pieces of equipment across seven terminals and employs more than 400 people. For over 40 years, we are proud to be family owned and operated. Despite all the changes that have occurred in the industry and at our company since our founding in 1979, one thing has remained constant: Sutton Transport continues to provide superior service with a personal touch.
Sutton’s mission is to be the most efficient and reliable transportation network in the Midwest. We support our customers by providing the ultimate customer experience as they pursue their production and distribution goals.
We achieve our mission through trained and empowered employees dedicated to continuous improvement with a customer-first mindset. We measure success by the loyalty of our customers and the partnerships established. Our amazing service is the result of our effort and determination to exceed our customers’ needs and expectations.
Our Core Values
We encourage all employees to “Be EPICC”:
We recognize that success is a team effort. Our culture of teamwork allows us to work together — within the company and with our customers — to deliver better solutions and collectively accomplish our goals. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people by creating a stimulating, fun and open work culture. We strive to motivate our employees to do their best work and contribute to the goals and culture of the business. We celebrate success and reward it with competitive pay.
Ethics, respect, standards and image are the cornerstones of our company. We are respectful when interacting with our coworkers, superiors and prospective customers. We speak kindly, always giving customers and team members the dignity and respect they deserve. We are excellent at assessing a situation, recognizing what needs to be done and then making it happen without prodding. We do more than what is asked of us while constantly striving for improvement.
We insist on acting with honesty and honor, and without compromising the truth. Our integrity involves moral judgment and character, honesty and leadership values. Individuals who show integrity in the workplace not only understand right from wrong, but they also practice it in all they do.
We are committed to providing the highest-quality service that exceeds our customers’ expectations. We focus on customer relationships that build trust, confidence and loyalty. Our customers are our most important stakeholders and the lifeblood of our business.
We believe in the relentless pursuit of excellence, continually raising our own bar to remain at the forefront of the trucking industry. We constantly nurture new ideas to stay at the top of our game. Our dedication to remain at the top contributes to our unwavering pursuit of business best practices, employee empowerment, compliance and safety awareness.
A Brief History
Sutton Transport was founded on November 19, 1979 by Frank (Butch) and Deb Sutton as a cartage agent for what was then Burlington Northern Air Freight. Upon deregulation of the trucking industry in 1980, the Suttons obtained their own operating authority and began hauling their own freight alongside the air freight. Sutton’s footprint soon started to grow:
- 1981 — Moves from Schofield, WI to a larger facility in Weston, WI.
- 1988 — Madison terminal begins operations.
- 1991 — Sutton purchases and moves into a new facility in Weston.
- 1993 — Fox Valley terminal begins operations in Neenah, WI.
- 1998 — Milwaukee terminal begins operations.
- 2000 — Sutton Transport exits the air freight business to concentrate on LTL services.
- 2006 — The Milwaukee terminal moves to a larger location due to rapid growth in that market.
- 2012 — Weston terminal triples in size.
- 2013 — Chicago terminal opens in Franklin Park, IL.
- 2014 — Trucking loses a legend with the death of Frank Sutton; the family continues to operate the company.
- 2015 — Sutton purchases a 40-door terminal and valley operations move to Oshkosh, WI.
- 2015 — 3,600 square feet are added to the Weston, WI terminal.
- 2017 — Sutton partners with Envoy Logistics, Inc.
- 2017 — Chicago terminal moves to Lyons, IL.
- 2018 — Our Nationwide trucking division begins operations.
- 2018 — Tomah, WI terminal opens.
- 2019 — Milwaukee, WI terminal moves to larger 77 door facility.
- 2019 — Chicago terminal moves from Lyons, IL to a 126,000 sq foot facility in Northlake, IL.
- 2020 — Sutton Transport purchases a terminal in Maple Grove, MN to service the Minneapolis area.
Our Associations & Sponsorships
Sutton Transport maintains memberships in:
We are proud sponsors of:
Frank A. Sutton Memorial Scholarship of the Northcentral Technical College Foundation