At Sutton Transport you will find the formula for success. We have a solid history. We began serving customers on November 19, 1979 when Frank and Deb Sutton started the company as a cartage agent for what was then Burlington Northern Air Freight. Upon deregulation of the trucking industry in 1980, the Suttons obtained their own operating authority and began hauling freight and they never looked back. Today, Sutton Transport is recognized as a major LTL company in the Midwest and Nationwide.
We have achieved a lot; like expansion throughout Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota, adding the newest technologies, as well as offering top-notch service to every customer. We will always strive towards excellence. Our vision is to become the benchmark transportation company providing world-class service through continuous improvement and expansion of our network. Our Core Values set us apart from our competition by clarifying our identity and serving as a rallying point for all team members.
Our Core Values are the deeply ingrained principles that guide our company’s actions and how we behave. They are the source of our company’s distinctiveness and our brand identity. We stay true to these values; Employee focused, Professionalism, Integrity, Customer Driven and Continuous Improvement. We are EPICC!
We believe once you start a career here, you will never ever want to leave. Its fast, fun and above all, rewarding. Come find out for yourself! We know Sutton Transport might just be the place for you to have a fresh start.
Sutton Transport’s HR Department is expanding. We are seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join the team. This person is responsible for providing HR support and customer service to local and remote employees. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas:
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, licensing endorsements, continuing education, and work assessments.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected, reconciled and filed appropriately.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to employee engagement initiatives, disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; morale, training and development.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, procedures, etc. to affect continual process improvements and efficiencies within the HR department.
- Create and encourage a culture where employees thrive. Build internal and external relationships which support HR and organizational goals. Present new ideas and recommendations to drive our continued success.
- Manage HR communications related to events or updates as required.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from employees
- Review of job descriptions
- Participate in and attend onsite and offsite meetings, conferences, seminars, webinars, etc. to assure professional development
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation as needed.
- Backup HR Admin on ADP maintenance/EE status chgs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and LMS systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Minimum one year of human resource generalist experience preferred.