Sutton Transport is seeking a Terminal Manager for its Weston, WI location. This management opportunity provides the right applicant unlimited career potential.
The successful candidate will be people-oriented, highly motivated, and a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day direction and management of an LTL operation.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
· Manage / oversee all terminal functions to include dispatch, dock, city operations and scheduling for all timely freight deliveries/pickups
· Perform dispatch functions for deliveries and pick-up calls to ensure prompt freight arrival according to customer requirements.
· Lead, guide and direct terminal employees to include setting targets/goals, monitoring performance, providing coaching, counseling and development.
· Overseeing profit and cost controls
· Driving a culture of operational excellence and model compliance within terminal staff
· Play an active role in personnel recruitment.
· Training and development of drivers and dock staff
· Establish and maintain solid customer relationships
· Ensure safety, service and quality measures
· Accountable for the management of an efficient, clean and safe LTL operation.
· Enforce understanding and compliance with all company policies and procedures; safety rules and government regulations.
· Directly investigate the source of customer complaints and respond accordingly to implement corrective actions and continuous improvement opportunities
· High School Diploma and any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· 3 years experience in LTL, distribution/logistics, transportation or operations management
· Proven track record of managing resources and efficiencies
· Ability to multitask and continually prioritize a changing workload
· Must have strong leadership skills including the ability to hire, coach, counsel, train, mentor employees
· Possess excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to meet frequent deadlines
· Must be able to work any shift and in all areas relative to the needs of the terminal
· Knowledge of computer systems and current technology trends
· Multiple Health Packages available
· Dental – Vision – Life – 401K w/company match
· Health Saving Account (HSA Company Contributed)
· Supplemental Accident insurance
· Company Paid Life Insurance
· Long and Short-Term Disability
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Holidays
· Two Sick Days provided
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.