At Sutton Transport, the IT – Software Developer position will work with a diverse team to develop and support custom software solutions that will help Sutton Transport with their vision to lead with IT. In addition to creating new custom solutions, this position will also need to work to support existing systems within the Sutton Transport environment. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record working at analyzing business requirements to design solutions including self-contained applications, middleware.
- Creating in-house applications leveraging languages and technologies that fit within Sutton Transports footprint
- Plan, coordinate and implement complex system changes and upgrades.
- Requirements gathering, design and assisting in implementation of technical solutions
- Perform analytical, technical, and administrative work to aid in the on-going support of applications across business units
- Collaborating with project team members to test and verify solutions meet business requirements through user acceptance testing
- Identify areas of risk and implement strategic solutions to mitigate risk
- Establish and maintain a partnership with business units to understand business goals and determine opportunities to improve processes and systems leveraging technology
Preferred Technical Skills and Competencies
- Development Experience with C# and .NET framework
- Development Experience Java/Type-Script
- Working knowledge of Windows SQL Server, and SQL Server Scription/Queries or Report writing
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages
- Debugging and maintaining Code – familiarity with GIT
- Working knowledge of data structure standards such as OData, JSON, XML
- Additional work experience with other programming languages is a plus
- 3+ years of related experience in Information Technology Management/Business Analysis and/or information Systems Analysis
- BA or BS in IT, IS, Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent degree/experience combination
- Experience with common technologies/concepts including SQL, Client/Server, PaaS, SaaS
- Must have solid communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills to assist users with questions, problems, communications, and training
- Must work well within a team environment and be results driven
Must have great attention to detail and analytical skills to proactively resolve issues
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.