The Helpdesk Technician will be responsible for day-to-day desk-side and remote support for Tier 1 incidents related to Sutton Transports information systems and technology. This position will work with Systems Administrators and the IT Director to escalate incidents, as necessary.
- Answering phones to establish first line of contact and to create workorders/tickets
- Respond to workorders/tickets in a timely manner
- Maintaining a high level of customer service
- Diagnosing and resolving issues related to Printers, Scanners, Desktop and Laptop computers, IP Phones and peripherals
- Working alongside Systems Administrators to implement projects and deploy new solutions
- Configuring and Installing Hardware
- Configuring and Installing Software
- Following up with customers to ensure their issues are resolved
- Looking for opportunities for Sutton Transport to continuously improve the experience of our end users.
- Troubleshoot complex issues and create innovative solutions.
- Establish and maintain a partnership to understand business goals and issues
- Communicate and address common problems, questions, and put solutions in place to resolve issues proactively.
- Prioritizing open incidents based on criticality and impact to operations
- Documenting Solutions and SOPs for internal and customer use
- Associate degree in computer science
- Or equivalent degree/experience combination
- 2+ years of related experience in IS/IT required
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic computer technical issues
- Must have solid communication, customer service, leadership, and problem-solving skills to assist users with questions, problems, communications, and training
- Must work well within a team environment and be results driven
- Must have great attention to detail and analytical skills to proactively resolve issues as well as troubleshoot pre-existing problems
- High level of organization
- 2+ years Working with Microsoft O365
- Support and Implement MDM Infrastructure
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.