Sutton Transport, Inc. is seeking an experienced Forklift Mechanic to join our team. The Forklift Mechanic will be responsible for inspecting, maintaining, and repairing forklifts and other material-handling equipment to ensure their safe and efficient operation. In addition, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and performing routine maintenance tasks, as well as addressing mechanical issues to keep the equipment in optimal working condition.
Essential Job Functions:
Conduct regular inspections of forklifts to identify and address any potential issues.
Perform routine maintenance tasks, such as oil changes, lubrication, and filter replacements.
Ensure all components, including brakes, hydraulics, and electrical systems, are functioning properly.
Diagnosis and Repair:
Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical and electrical problems with forklifts.
Carry out necessary repairs, replacements, and adjustments to restore equipment to working order.
Utilize diagnostic tools and equipment to identify and resolve issues
Maintain accurate records of all inspections, maintenance activities, and repairs performed on each forklift.
Document parts usage and order replacement parts as needed.
Ensure that all forklifts meet safety standards and regulations.
Conduct safety inspections and implement any necessary modifications or repairs to enhance safety.
Testing and Quality Control:
Conduct performance tests on repaired forklifts to ensure proper functioning.
Perform quality control checks to verify that repairs meet established standards.
Training and Support:
Provide guidance and training to operators on proper forklift usage and basic maintenance practices.
Offer technical support to other team members and collaborate with colleagues to solve complex issues.
Respond promptly to emergency repair requests to minimize downtime.
Prioritize and address critical issues affecting forklift operation.
Manage and organize the inventory of spare parts and supplies.
Communicate effectively with the procurement team to ensure timely availability of required components.
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical or vocational training in forklift maintenance is preferred.
- Proven experience as a forklift mechanic or in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of forklift systems, including hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical components.
- Proficiency in using diagnostic tools and equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and schematics.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work in various environmental conditions, including both indoor and outdoor settings.
- Certification as a forklift mechanic is a plus.
- Ability to lift heavy objects and work in a physically demanding environment.
- Comfortable working in tight spaces and at various heights.
- Stamina and agility to perform tasks that may require bending, kneeling, and standing for extended periods.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs
- Position could require travel to other locations
- Full-time, hourly based
- Approximately 40-45 hours per week
- 9:00 AM Start time
- Must possess own tools
- Multiple Health Packages available
- Dental – Vision – Life – 401K w/company match
- Health Saving Account (HSA Company Contributed)
- Weekly paid – direct deposit
- Supplemental Accident insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- PTO Accrual
- Tool Reimbursement program after 1 year
- 6 Paid Holidays
- 2 paid sick days provided
Sutton Transport, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to attracting and retaining the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or status as a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.