We are recruiting for a full time PM Dock Supervisor in our Weston, WI terminal. This position provides the right applicant unlimited career potential. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity.
The Dock Supervisor is responsible for:
- Assigning freight pickup/delivery loads to drivers by route, location and service deadlines.
- Efficient utilization of drivers and trailers to ensure capacity goals are met.
- Ensuring driver productivity via on-time service
- Ensure maximum productivity by efficient routing.
- Driver check-in and/or check-out
- Professional interaction with customers, staff and drivers
- Adheres to and promotes all required safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Supervise and coordinate dock operations and personnel to include load planning, timely departures and 100% freight accuracy.
- Assist local dock personnel with coordinating the following: loading and unloading, FMCSA regulations, manifest approval and deliveries and operation procedures.
- Complete the freight routing process for next day deliveries.
- Ensure load quality, timely computer data entry and paperwork procedures followed, terminal and freight security and proper freight routing.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment.
- Assist in all terminal and employee safety issues and compliance with governmental regulations.
- Provide supervision to staff through motivation, direction, review of and feedback on performance.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge.
- Be able to balance multiple tasks while positively motivating, coaching and communicating clear instructions to others.
- Supervise forklift operators to meet daily operation goals.
- Operate a sit-down forklift in the loading/unloading of trailers as needed.
- Enforce all company, FMCSR, OSHA and DOT policies, rules, regulations and laws as required.
- Two (2) years proven supervisory experience in LTL transportation.
- Demonstrate leadership with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Individual will be self-motivated with strong interpersonal, decision-making and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, support staff and drivers.
- Able to react quickly to change.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Working, standing and walking on non-climate-controlled loading dock area for several hours at a time.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma or GED
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to attracting and retaining the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or status as a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.