Sutton Transport is seeking an experienced, energetic, driven and results-oriented Director of Safety. This position directs, develops and oversees the general health, safety, policy and procedures of the organization. This position could be located out of our Northlake, Centerville, Milwaukee, Madison or Wausau terminals.
Core job tasks are:
1. Develop company-wide safety standards for all departments and employees to follow.
2. Promote a positive safety culture with the goal to reduce exposures to work-related injury and preventable accidents
3. Audit all work processes to look for potential safety hazards by physically inspecting work areas and jobsites.
4. Review incident reports to determine where changes need to be made to prevent future similar accidents.
5. Ensure that the company is compliant with all applicable Federal and State safety regulations and company policies are being followed by all employees at all times.
6. Write reports analyzing safety programs and safety compliance company-wide, pointing out potential hazards and areas of improvement.
7. Coordinate with claims adjusters and investigators following workplace incidents.
8. Design safety training programs and presentations for employees and upper management.
1. A minimum of 3 years of work as a Director of Safety
2. Strong communication skills, both written and oral
3. Minimum 2 years claims management for workers Compensation and Accidents
4. Proven people skills including relationship building, dispute resolution, and tact
5. Problem solving skills are required
6. Ability to work independently and adapt to changes in your environment
7. Proficient skill set with Microsoft Office, including Excel and WORD
8. Must have an attention to detail and maintain a high level of accuracy
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.