Sutton Transport is a leading Midwest LTL trucking company and proud to be family owned for 42 years. While we specialize in next-day LTL delivery of palleted freight, we also offer national volume LTL services. We are dedicated to getting freight to its destination in a safe and timely manner. Our newer model equipment and use of the latest technology has made us the employer of choice in the LTL industry. The staff and drivers are dedicated in providing top-notch service.
We have achieved a lot; like expansion throughout Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota and soon Missouri, adding the newest technologies, as well as offering top-notch service to every customer. We will always strive towards excellence. We believe once you start a career here, you will never ever want to leave. Its fast, fun and above all, rewarding. Come find out for yourself! We know Sutton Transport might just be the place for you to have a fresh start.
Due to our recent expansion, Sutton Transport’s HR Department is growing. We are seeking an experienced, energetic, driven and results-oriented Recruiter. You will coordinate and manage the entire recruiting and hiring processes for multiple company locations. The individual in this role will partner with hiring managers to recruit, interview, select and hire candidates in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Perform full life cycle of recruiting activities to meet the organization’s needs .
- Reviews applications and interviews applicants to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, and salary requirements.
- Confer with management to identify staffing needs within the company.
- Provides information about the organization and position to applicants.
- Develop and maintain network of qualified candidates.
- Develop creative recruitment strategies and sources to align with company goals and industry best practices to support effective hiring.
- Coordinates and schedules new hire orientation
- Maintain consistent communications with candidates at all stages of the recruitment cycle.
- Maintain and provide timely and accurate data to maintain recruiting metrics.
- Gathers data around competition and market conditions or trends that may impact ability to find and hire the right talent.
- Other HR admin responsibilities as time allows.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of an Associate’s degree, with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field strongly preferred.
- At least two to three years of experience in recruitment. Preference given to candidates who have recruited Class A CDL drivers.
- Multi-site recruiting responsibility required.
- Experience managing a comprehensive range of recruiting methodologies including sourcing capabilities (active and passive), internet, employee referrals, professional networking, etc.
- Demonstrated experience managing the hiring process coordinating a positive candidate experience.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with professional telephone etiquette.
- Basic knowledge of trucking/transportation industry preferred, but not required.
- Ability to manage competing demands while being adaptable and flexible in a quickly changing environment.
- Ability to multitask in dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer and communication skills necessary.
- Knowledge of labor markets, best hiring practices & competitive recruitment strategies.
- Proficient with Word and Excel.
If you are seeking a position that is challenging, fast-paced and rewarding then apply now. Provide your compensation expectation when applying.