Transportation Account Manager
Sutton Transport is a growing company and seeks a results-driven Account Manager.
Sutton Transport is a privately held Wisconsin-based regional common carrier whose focus is interstate and intrastate transportation of general commodities. We offer LTL services to MO, KS, WI, IL, MN, IA, ND, and SD.
In return for your expertise, you can expect the very best package from Sutton Transport:
*Competitive base salary
*Car and cell phone provided
*Full benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, 401K, paid vacation, and much more
If you are a self-driven, goal-oriented, and entrepreneurial spirited individual with the desire to grow both personally and professionally, then you can be an integral part of our continued growth in 2023.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- The ability to generate new sales revenue independently.
- Develop an entrance strategy for cold calling, qualifying, and effectively connecting with prospective business partners.
- Management of existing business accounts and continuously building customer rapport.
- Prepare and assist with quotes, prepare rates
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently while supporting an overall team mentality
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Manages complex transactional or emotional customer situations promptly and professionally meeting commitments for service and assistance
- Ability to effectively negotiate with customers
- Analyzes complex problems and develops alternative solutions
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and puts success of team above own interests
Summary of Experience and Education:
- A high school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with an emphasis in Supply Chain Management, Transportation and Logistics, Sales and Marketing preferred
- Prefer two years in LTL transportation environment including dry van LTL and Truckload services with a keen understanding of overall freight movement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.